Monday, May 24, 2010

Street Hockey Now and Then - Meetup Monday

Finally the beautiful New England weather is here! It was so nice to watch my son's street hockey game outside and enjoy a perfectly sunny day. This is the first year that my eight-year-old son James (#22)decided to try street hockey.

I remember playing street hockey in high school gym class and I loved it. I was pretty athletic way back then and dare-I-say a little aggressive! I remember constantly running after that ball with more intensity that a dog - banging into sticks and classmates along the way. My son James (although still young) is not quite as aggressive or intense, and as a matter of fact, he couldn't be more thrilled that he will play his last game on Wednesday. Here's the thing. The coaches do a lot of yelling and my sensitive guy is well.....sensitive, so the yelling was the deal breaker.

Here are some pics. of Saturday's game. His team (Saint Bernard's Saints) won 5-3. It was a great game.
Photobucket

Hello? 22? Where did that darn ball go? Notice the ball in mid-air and not one player appears to know where it is. Okay, I suppose those helmets do make it a little difficult to see the bright orange ball.

Photobucket

That poor goalie looked like he was dressed for a snowstorm and it was about eighty degrees. (I'll bet he is glad that Wednesday is the last game too.) Even Dad (Grant) helped out and did a little assistant coaching. A first!

Photobucket

Unfortunately, there was a little too much of this. Go get that ball 22!! (Opps...Sorry I yelled.)

I am so glad that I found Amy's blog Just Another Manic Momday. She has this great linky called Meet-Up Monday's. Here is her Meet-Up Monday's button. Go link up and check out some great blogs!

Photobucket

***The rules are simple!

1. Add a link to your main blog (or most current post)
2. Leave a comment on the blog above your name in the list.
3. Visit as many blogs as you can and leave comments and follow if you like.

3 comments:

Deb K said...

I am visiting and following you from Meetup Mondays!

You can find me here~
http://debshere.blogspot.com/

T & T Crafts said...

Hi there! You stopped by my blog recently and I thought I'd stop by and say hello to you too :) Now following!

Thanks
Tessa

http://t-tcrafts.blogspot.com
http://ttcrafts.etsy.com

Tye said...

Hi..I love your blog!! I am from Blog following network on Twitter Moms.

Check my blog out at http://www.diaryofachicmommy.com/

Thanks,
Tye

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails