Monday, May 10, 2010

Prevention's Picks for Healthy Pre-packaged Foods on the Today Show

As a busy mom of two, I can appreciate the convenience of pre-packaged foods. After all, who has the time to cook from scratch every-single night? Not me. I also like the fact that many of these foods come in single-serving packages, which helps me stick to the correct portion sizes. However, figuring which pre-packaged foods are the healthiest options can be a challenge.

Prevention magazine has evaluated several brands of pre-packaged foods based on fat, sugar, sodium content, taste and price. After a thorough evaluation, Prevention has determined their top picks for the healthiest pre-packaged foods. Prevention highlights the winners in the following Today Show video clip.


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I have never seen the Mann's sweet potato spears nor the Hagen Daas mango puree - two items I will certainly be looking out for. According to Prevention, these pre-packaged foods are reasonably priced as well.

Coincidentally, you could win a case of the Campbell's Select Harvest chicken and vegetable soup from Buythecase.net (if that's what you would like, it is your choice!) This is my current $50 gift card giveaway! Enter to win here and good luck!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Kristi,
Great video! I'm going to check out a few of those products next time I go shopping.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I would love the sweet Potato Spears I'll have to check that out! Love to find things that are good and the price is not too crazy :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails