From NYR Organic: NYR (Neal’s Yard Remedies) Organic is one of the top organic skincare companies in the UK, Japan, and Duabi, with direct selling channels in the UK and US. NYR Organic is a multi Award-Winner for organic beauty products. NYR Organics designs, manufactures and tests their own natural, organic skincare products at their eco-headquarters and physic gardens in Dorset, UK.
NYR Organic grows the majority of their own herbs and ingredients in their gardens. The NYR Organics green, eco-factory uses solar panels, clay flooring, high-level windows (for cooling) and even rainwater in the restrooms. The company composts their own kitchen waste, which is mostly organic, of course. All of the NYR Organic bottles and jars are 100% recyclable.
The NYR Organic skin care products are designed to work in harmony with the skin, protecting, maintaining and helping to keep it healthy. The skin oils of NYR Organics skincare, are a blend of nourishing pressed plant oils and fragrant essential oils. The skincare collections are preservative free and mimic the skin’s own system of moisturization, which helps to rebalance dry and dehydrated areas, whatever your skin type.
Note – In addition to the Geranium and Orange Hand Wash, I sampled these NYR Organic skin care products:
· Hands - Frankincense Toning Body Cream
· Face - White Tea Mist & Chamomile Cleanser, Rose Water Toner, Rose Mallow Moisturizer, Palmarosa (daily moisturizer), Frankincense hydrating cream (anti-aging moisturizer).
· Supplements- Orange Flower Oil (for dry skin), White Tea Eye Gel, and Wild Rose Balm (used for eczema , dry lips, cuticles, deep cleanse, and mask.)
The Review: I sampled the Geranium and Orange Hand Wash specifically for this review. At 93% certified organic, the hand wash contains organic orange peel oil and organic geranium oil that is blended in a coconut oil base. The other 7% organic ingredients are those grown in the wild or ingredients that cannot be certified such as water, clays, or minerals.
The hand wash appears an orange gel that has a citrus fragrance. While the hand wash did not lather significantly (I did have a small sample) the orange and geranium combination had a very pleasant, light and natural scent. My hands felt fresh and clean and were noticeably softer after using the gel. I attribute this to the different oils.
Note: For those with nut allergies, this product does contain coconut.
I compared the ingredients on my current foaming hand soap with the NYR Organics Hand Wash. My foaming hand wash has over 10 chemicals and no organic ingredients. Over half of the ingredients in the Geranium and Orange Hand Wash are listed as certified organic, with the rest of the ingredients being wild organic. The label also notes the hand wash contains – no mineral oils, no synthetic fragrances or colors, no parabins, no silicones, and the list goes on.
I understand that whole, organic foods in their natural state are the best options for our diets, so wouldn’t that translate over into our skin care products? It only makes sense that natural, organic skincare products, like this Geranium and Orange Hand Wash, are the better options for our skin care.
Buy It: Visit Jenn’s Consultant Page at NYR Organic to purchase your bottle of Geranium and Orange Hand Wash for $16.00.
The Giveaway: Jenn at NYR Organic has offered 1 of my readers the Geranium and Orange Hand Wash –shown on the left. To enter is easy –
1. Visit Jenn’s NYR Organics online store and check out the skin care products and collections. Comment here on which skin care product or products that you would love to try. Please include your email (1 entry).
1st entry (above) must be done before any other entries.
2. Follow my blog. (2 entries)
3. Grab my button and put it on your site and add a link in your comment telling me where it is. (3 entries)
4. Tweet about this giveaway and leave the Tweet URL in a comment. (2 entries)
5. Subscribe via email. (3 entries)
6. Sign up for Networked Blogs (facebook - located on the right side) (2 entries)
7. Enter my Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Book Giveaway - ends 12/1. (1 entry)
8. Enter my Lucky Brand Handbag Giveaway -ends 12/1. (1 entry)
9. Enter my Say It With Vases Giveaway – ends 12/4. ( 1 entry)
Please don’t forget to add your email to your comments. Giveaway ends 12/08/09 12:00 pm EST. Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win.
If you liked this post, subscribe or follow on twitter.